Saturday, June 2, 2012

A New Life

One of my favorite things in the whole world is to go to flea markets and antique co-ops on the weekend. I am always looking for 3 things:

1.Black Americana items--My Mom collects Aunt Jemima items
2. Amazing vintage purses/compacts
3.Vintage jewelry for my Renewed Designs line

I recently hit the vintage jewelry jackpot when I stumbled across a group of sisters that were selling their mother's estate. They have suitcases full of vintage costume jewelry!! Having experienced how hard it is to sell off a loved one's estate, I am happy to give their Mom's jewelry a new life.

The center of this awesome Biwa Stick Pearl flower was once a vintage clip-on earring!

Why do I use vintage elements? I think its the perfect way to ensure original designs and to offer my customers something nobody else will ever have. I also think its great to incorporate the vintage styles of the past into a fresh, modern look. What was popular years ago can be popular again but in a new way.

The vintage leaf brooch is covered in glitzy purple rhinestones


I am always looking for unique vintage jewelry since these designs have turned out to be something that sells fast. Check my Etsy as well as my Artfire shops frequently to see new designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment